Sunday, April 22, 2012

Diaper Free!

That's right... my little boy is potty trained!

I'd like to say it was a harrowing and long journey... but I finally believe it when people say "they'll do it when they are ready". H, no joke, was completely trained in about, oh, a day. We bought him underwear, put him in it one Sunday, and by Tuesday he had no accidents. And we still haven't, 2 months later!

And, he is completely night trained too! All of a sudden, once he was going to the toilet during the day, his diapers were dry at night too! So, for about 2 weeks, he's been in just underwear under his jammies, or even (like tonight) with nothing underneath his jammies!

He's also growing like a weed! He talks like there is no tomorrow... who am I to judge though? The world must be a pretty interesting place when you are 2 and half (!!!). He spent about 5 minutes at bedtime today telling me all about how his stuffed monkey had a penis-tail. And then tried to convince me that I didn't have a vagina, but rather a big penis (he was the one who specified size) and that I was sooo lucky!. He's a nut, is all I can say.

In other news, surrogacy related... it's a long journey. We had our first transfer on February 20th, 2012. Found out on March 6th that it wasn't successful. My blood test results should have been over 5, but they were 0.5.

No matter, we decided to try again! So, started cycling and meds and all that fun stuff, and transferred #2 on April 1st, 2012. I felt good about this one. I felt like it was the one that would work. Well, I go positive home tests starting at about 10 days past transfer, which is great! I went for my blood tests, and the first result was 15. A good, slightly low, but nonetheless positive, result. That was April 14th. Went for my second on April 17th, and the result should have doubled to at least 30 to be considered a viable pregnancy. Result was 2. Which means I was pregnant, and miscarried (although, that earlier, it's just called a chemical pregnancy, or spontaneous abortion).

A little bit sad, and I am sure just heartbreaking for my IP's. We only got the negative result on Wednesday, so we are still figuring out what will happen for the next transfer (they are adding a new med to my protocol, just haven't decided yet). They are going to try again, which is great. Just keep praying for good results for all this effort on their part!

And with that, I am done for today! Lots more to update, but not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment